couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replication security branch almost done
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 22:21:40 GMT

On 05/03/2009, at 6:54 AM, Damien Katz wrote:

> This version removes all or nothing bulk updates w/ conflict
> checking as it was the only way I could get everything else working.
> However, it's still possible we'll add it back if needed. I'm in
> favor of removing it all together for now and seeing if we can live
> with it. Thoughts please.

I know I can't live with it.

Do you think we could have a clear warning and a tag to mark the point
right before this change goes in, or more precisely, just before "all
or nothing bulk updates w/ conflict checking" is removed ?

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

Borrow money from pessimists - they don't expect it back.
   -- Steven Wright