couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Parkin <>
Subject Re: single node atomic bulk_docs operations
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 14:02:50 GMT
Dean Landolt wrote:
-- snip --
>> The possible application I'm talking about doesn't need transactions,
>> they just need a simple way of rolling back a set of changes
>> (preferably atomically but not necessarily). I'm not looking to banish
>> conflicts, just minimise them where possible.
> I can't find the message right now, but Damien pointed out some edge cases
> that make replication really tangled if you're looking for consistency.
> Though as you noted, if your model can handle conflicts, this would be a
> non-issue.

Yep.. I think the implication was that even though you'd get your change
atomically when you saved on the single node. The change would be
applied non-atomically during replication. The case I'm talking about
isn't really to do with the atomicity of the operation but to do with
making it easier to rollback a set of changes.

View raw message