couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Parkin <i...@timparkin.co.uk>
Subject Bulk Docs
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 12:17:03 GMT
Hi,

I noticed a commit that suggests "atomic" bulk docs will no longer be
working on trunk. Is now the right time to discuss the possibility of
keeping a version of "atomic" bulk docs somewhere in couchdb rather than
removing the functionality?

I think I understand that there is a philosophical reason for not having
it in (I think the reasoning is "don't have features in couchdb that
won't work distributed" but I may be wrong ) but I personally am of the
opinion that trying to hide the difference between a single couchdb and
network of couchdbs at the cost of removing functionality that has
legitimate use is not a good idea.

Anyway - I don't want to start a thread prematurely but also didn't want
to miss adding my opinion. I'm happy to hang fire on discussion until
later though..

Regards

Tim Parkin