couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.9.0 release
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 09:05:09 GMT

On 25 Mar 2009, at 09:48, Sven Helmberger wrote:

> Noah Slater schrieb:
>> Hello,
>> This is the first release after graduating the ASF Incubator.
>> All 0.9.0 blockers have been resolved and I would like call a vote
>> for release.
>> We encourage the whole community to download and test these release
>> artifacts so
>> that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is
>> made. Everyone is
>> free to vote on this release, so get stuck in!
>> We are voting on the following release artifacts:
>>  http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/0.9.0/
>> These artifacts have been built from the 0.9.0 tag in Subversion:
>>  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/tags/0.9.0/
>> Happy voting,
>
> What's up with tickets like

> are they effectively dead now or are we accepting additional format
> breakage after 0.9 now?

Yes, 0.9 is not an API-freeze release. Although we planned for it, it
was not
feasible to hold back the release any longer in favour of a fixed API
which is
why a future pre 1.0 version will get the feature freeze. I think this
is a
useful feature and we should have it for at least 1.0 if not earlier.

(Patches welcome :)

Cheers
Jan