couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: REST, Hypermedia, and CouchApps
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 18:14:06 GMT
On 06.03.2009, at 18:50, Chris Anderson wrote:
> I've removed the Applications column from Futon. The index of
> CouchApps could even be it's own CouchApp, so integration questions
> can wait indefinitely.

Thanks.

> I'd like to push the httpd_design_handlers stuff into trunk so it can
> start to get more eyes before we tag a release. Changing the names of
> _show and _list is trivial with this architecture, so I think we can
> commit this change without closing that discussion.

Yeah. I've looked over the design_handlers patch and am +1 on
integrating it into trunk as soon as it's deemed good enough. (Haven't
had a chance to try the branch yet).

> I think it will be helpful to give the _view url change a soft
> landing, so libraries and stuff can get used to it before the 0.9.0
> release.

Can you elaborate on what you mean with "soft landing"? Continuing to
support the old URLs for a while? How long?

Cheers,
--
Christopher Lenz
   cmlenz at gmx.de