couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Restricting user interactions to a single document -- was [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.9.0 release
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:44:55 GMT
On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 12:08:31PM +0100, Tim Parkin wrote:
> We do want to guarantee a rollback, is there a way to do this without
> atomic changes?

No that I can think of, for the reason given before (a non-atomic change by
definition gives an opportunity for another client to modify your work
before it is complete)

Perhaps you want some sort of lock manager, whereby a client can request a
lock on a group of documents, perform an update, then release the lock?