couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Where to add documentation for bulk updates
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 14:23:11 GMT
On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 06:48:45AM -0700, David Van Couvering wrote:
>    That's pretty funny there was a conflict editing this document :).
>    Anyway, I just went to the page and I couldn't find the problem - the
>    page looks clean to me.  Can you point me to how to see the issue if
>    you are still seeing it?

Scroll down to "Transactional Semantics with Bulk Updates" (either in normal
view or raw view)

After that section I see:

---- /!\ '''Edit conflict - other version:''' ----

Followed by a different version of the same para, then

---- /!\ '''Edit conflict - your version:''' ----

---- /!\ '''End of edit conflict''' ----

I believe the second version is more accurate, but I look forward to seeing
some definitive information here.

Also, I have a particular question. The wiki says that the old atomic
_bulk_docs was removed because it could not be implemented on a sharded
cluster without resorting to two-phase commits. However, I cannot see how
the new semantics of _bulk_docs?all_or_nothing=true can be implemented
across such a cluster without two-phase commit either.

Regards,

Brian.