couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting a hang in make install after svn update (MacOS)
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 10:22:24 GMT
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 09:45:23PM -0700, David Van Couvering wrote:
> Secondly, more info: it turns out that the default 'libtool' created in the
> root directory of couchdb was the problem.  If I use /usr/local/bin/libtool
> instead, it works much better, and make install is successful.

The ./boostrap script selects glibtool by default, then defaults to libtool.

> So perhaps there is some subtlety in my environment and how configure works
> where it is getting the "wrong" libtool?

I don't think libtool is the root cause of your problems.

> > Xquartz starting:
> > X.org Release 7.2
> > X.Org X Server 1.3.0-apple22
> > Build Date: 20080821

Xquartz and Xorg should not be involved in the make install.

This is VERY strange.

> > Launchd socket fd: -1

No launchd services should be started in the make install.

This is VERY strange.

> > Could not init font path element /Library/Fonts, removing from list!
> > Could not init font path element /System/Library/Fonts, removing from list!

CouchDB does not do anything with fonts.

This is VERY strange.

And yes, all of this is so strange, it needed me to say it three times to
communicate just how confused I am. I would love to see a full output log
running through the entire troubleshooting guide:

  http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Troubleshooting

Thanks,