couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.9 final sprint
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 02:06:48 GMT
On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 07:40:54PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> * https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/COUCHDB-128
> couchdb is not starting properly from init.d script in trunk
>
> Patrick Antivackis reports problems with the "-e" flag on the shebang
> line for different platforms and makes a request for setting the user
> CouchDB runs as in the init.d script. No idea about the "-e" flag, but
> we should probably add the CouchDB username option if I'm not just
> missing it.

The "-e" line should be POSIX compatible.

Debian mandates the use of POSIX compatible shell scripts so that the shell can
be changed from bash, sh, ash, or dash. If it is claimed that this is the case,
I would like to see pointers to man pages detailing the problems.

The CouchDB username is set from /etc/default/couchdb. Please check here.

I have added this to the ticket.

> * https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/COUCHDB-169
> POSIX shell incompatibilities
>
> Looks like Noah's got some notes about what needs to be done. I'm not
> at all certain what this would entail.

Aye.

> * https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/COUCHDB-178
> $PREFIX/etc/default/couchdb not installed
>
> I can't say much other than that its installed on my system. I don't
> have enough autotools-fu to spot any errors looking through the
> various Makefile.am's

This works for me, can someone else confirm please, or I will close.

Would like to see the output from "make install" included.

I have added this to the ticket.