couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <>
Subject Re: I got a little carried away ...
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 22:37:51 GMT

On 5 Mar 2009, at 17:44, Kerr Rainey wrote:

> 2009/3/5 Noah Slater <>:
>> /me puts on his release manager hat
>> Delay, cut 0.9 with the patches. Making a release is non-trivial.
> I thought the point of trying to get a 0.9 release out was to have a
> realse of all the stuff that's been sitting in trunk for a while?

Yeah, but that was when the patch for 280 was still in the works, the
rep_security branch still in the trenches and Adam's replication fix
not on the horizon.

> Shouldn't we just get it out.  It doesn't mean that we then need to do
> another release in 2 weeks. There will always be new work that is 2
> weeks away that could push back a release.  At some stage something
> isn't going to make it and it will go into the next cut.
> But, you know, it's not like I'm the one that has to do any work. I
> just think it would be good to get a release out.

I wouldn't wann to ask Noah to release twice in two weeks if we can
avoid it.

+1 one on merging all three patches (pending their state considered by
their authors) and revisit the 0.9 list and bump all changes that can
to 0.10 and then test the hell out of trunk.

View raw message