couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Zachary Zolton <zachary.zol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ACID vs BASE
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 16:03:21 GMT
Thanks for the reply! It looks like they go into the more advanced
Bayou consistency, and Byzantine failure modes, but I don't think I'll
need to cover that soon...

But a more important question:

If I have two couch servers: A and B

And, I want to load-balance users between them, would it be the
responsibility of the web/app servers to ensure that a user session
"sticks" to either A or B, after performing a write/update? At least
until the data has had a chance to replicate between servers...?

(I'm guessing this is what all the "monotonic updates discussion is about...?)