couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Zachary Zolton <zachary.zol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.9.0 Delay or Release?
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 15:09:10 GMT
Hmm... I can see what Damien is say though, it would be nice to show a
proper release, given the significant changes.

Is there any way we could do a 0.9 release, and then release 0.9.1
with security/replication merged in?

Besides, with all the recent newbie attention (myself included!) it'd
be nice to give the external package maintainers (ie Mac Ports)
something to do... And then folks could be running fairly-recent code.

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On 9 Feb 2009, at 15:38, Damien Katz wrote:
>
>> Well, because there is no official release to tell people to use, except
>> 0.8.1. That's over 6 months old now, we have a bunch of new features and bug
>> fixes and performance improvements since then.
>
> I agree with Noah that we are in no rush and I'd rather
> see this integrated. Trunk is easy enough to work with
> for interested parties.
>
>
> Cheers
> Jan
> --
>
>
>> On Feb 9, 2009, at 9:33 AM, Noah Slater wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 09:29:46AM -0500, Damien Katz wrote:
>>>>
>>>> So I'm wondering if we should just forget it for 0.9.0 and release it
>>>> without. It won't be beta yet and the security stuff useless as it is
>>>> now now, but all the other stuff that's in 0.9 will still be there.
>>>> Thoughts please.
>>>
>>> I would be inclined to wait a little, and include it. Where's the rush?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Noah Slater, http://tumbolia.org/nslater
>>
>>
>
>

Mime
View raw message