couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB and clustering
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 00:06:49 GMT
On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Ben Browning <ben324@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I've captured, at least at a high-level, the general consensus
> on partitioning here:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Partitioning_proposal

This looks great to me, thanks for capturing it here! The actual
hashing of docids and merging of view queries will probably not be the
hard part. I expect the hard part to be configuration and management
of nodes across machines, as well as communication between nodes.

There has been some work to make CouchDB more OTP-like (having trouble
finding links...) and I think doing that first could make the rest of
this job much easier.

Thinking we should move this conversation to dev@ to ensure we get the
right people's attention. ('scuse the cross-post.)

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com