couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: REST, Hypermedia, and CouchApps
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 16:21:22 GMT
On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 4:35 AM, Patrick Antivackis
<patrick.antivackis@gmail.com> wrote:
> OOops, click reply too fast
>  there is already the include_design: true option in _design docs so why not
> add design_only : true option

The reason why is that if you have a view like that it must run over
all 10M docs in my database. This will always take longer than even
the highly naive approach of loading each and every design doc to
inspect it.

> I mean, even in apache or java server, you define what is your documentindex

Currently, in ddoc.couchapp.index, if you were to have the JSON
structure ["_design","foo.html"] Futon would link to foo.html as the
application start page. Done and done. :)

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com