couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT]: Accept newline patch into CouchDB for 0.9 (Was: Re: VOTE: accept newline patch into CouchDB for 0.9)
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 03:08:00 GMT
On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 1:31 AM, Christopher Lenz <cmlenz@gmx.de> wrote:

> Providing a reason for your -1 on accepting the patch would be a good start
> ;)
>
> Personally, I don't think this whole thing is very important, but I don't
> see any harm in adding the trailing newline right now.

I'm basically of the same mind. It's not very important to me either
way. I don't use command line clients much (oh and my bash-prompt has
a newline in it anyway...) so I lean slightly toward the "be like
Google and others" side of the fence.

If I understand correctly, Damien's objections have to do with the
interaction between a trailing newline and a potential future
canonical JSON format. He may have a point but we'd likely have to
change other things in the future if we wanted to use that canonical
format anyway. (Or maybe I'm mischaracterizing his old argument...)

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com