couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <>
Subject Re: Fail on a simple case on replication
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 02:43:08 GMT
On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 6:30 PM, Damien Katz <> wrote:

> Maybe we should change that use from ?rev... to ?conflict=

If we follow your _cc idea, we could change from ?rev= to ?cc=

> I think if we change from _rev to something else, _cc for concurrency
> control is good. I'm not sure this is necessary.

yes, if we make the change _cc is the best so far. I can already
imagine office workers thinking it stands for "conflict catcher".

> Maybe we should only allow the ability to getting old revisions
> (?disk_rev=...) with a setting in the ini, defaulting it off. That
> discourages it's use as general purpose mechanism, but is easy to turn on if
> you really need it.

Not a bad idea. The idea that you can't depend on it being available
would discourage apps from attempting to use _cc as an easy way to
provide undo functionality for users. Undo is a good feature, but undo
that sometimes randomly has been compacted away is worse than no undo.

Chris Anderson

View raw message