couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Stats Patch API Discussion
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 01:16:40 GMT
Having trouble with the build. Or, rather, it builds just fine, but
even the basics test seems to be failing, with lots of stuff like this
in the logfile:

[error] [<0.43.0>] {error_report,<0.21.0>,
              {<0.43.0>,supervisor_report,
               [{supervisor,{local,couch_secondary_services}},
                {errorContext,child_terminated},
                {reason,normal},
                {offender,[{pid,<0.110.0>},
                           {name,stats_collector},
                           {mfa,{couch_stats_collector,start,[]}},
                           {restart_type,permanent},
                           {shutdown,brutal_kill},
                           {child_type,worker}]}]}}
[error] [<0.43.0>] {error_report,<0.21.0>,
              {<0.43.0>,supervisor_report,
               [{supervisor,{local,couch_secondary_services}},
                {errorContext,child_terminated},
                {reason,normal},
                {offender,[{pid,<0.111.0>},
                           {name,stats_aggregator},
                           {mfa,{couch_stats_aggregator,start,[]}},
                           {restart_type,permanent},
                           {shutdown,brutal_kill},
                           {child_type,worker}]}]}}

It really could be just me. Anyone else tried to run the tests on the
current version of the branch?

http://github.com/janl/couchdb/tree/old-stats-new

I'm know I ran `make clean` and rebootstrapped. I'm launching CouchDB
with `make dev && utils/run`. It seems like Couch is running just
fine, but eventually the failure of couch_stats_* to boot properly is
causing it to drop http requests.

The code looks clean and well documented, so this should be easy to
fix, or maybe it's something on my end. It'd be helpful to hear if it
works for others.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson