couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using HTTP headers
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 23:19:30 GMT
On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 05:46:20PM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
>> My only real point is that the whole issue is rather gray and we
>> should look around to see if maybe there's already a proposed header
>> of similar intent. The cache control was just me trying to make the
>> point that this is mostly just the product of slight differences in
>> interpretation. As clearly  demonstrated by the length and content of
>> the thread. :D
>
> I poked around the WebDAV RFC but found nothing of note.

Full-Commit clearly doesn't belong in the request body (that's where
the doc goes) and it doesn't quite fit in the resource identifier
either.

There's not much left but the headers...
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3864 doesn't look like too much trouble,
and then we'd   be playing by the rules.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com