couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2009 20:45:36 GMT
I've committed some changes to provide Etags on view requests.

Etags are provide for map and reduce view queries, both with and
without POSTed keys (looking forward to adding a GET option for
multi-key)

They are also provided for list views.

The Etags are calculated based on current update_seq for the view
group record. This is normally the current seq of the db (unless you
use stale=ok).

The code presents an opportunity to track the last_modified_seq on a
view group record. We're not tracking it yet but once we are we'll be
potentially more cache efficient.

Also, please test edge cases. Etags...

Chris

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 12:36 PM,  <jchris@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: jchris
> Date: Sun Feb 15 20:36:53 2009
> New Revision: 744747

> Log:
> View etags are now provided. See note in the source about how they could be more efficient.
Changes arity on make_view_fold_fun etc. Closes COUCHDB-4

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com