couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <>
Subject Re: Erlang API
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 22:57:19 GMT
On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 2:36 PM, Michael McDaniel <> wrote:
>  I'll post some code when it does a bit more than gurgle bubbles.

It sounds like you are on the right track, and you pointed out the
bits 'erlview' etc that I saw reading it. The only other thing I see
(which is probably me missing stuff), is how does this work if we want
to run multiple distinct views concurrently?

I haven't seen your server code yet, but I for one would be excited to
help port some parts of main.js over to it.

>  Please, if there is some activity to change CDB internals to
>  simplify a native Erlang view server or create a more direct
>  interface, let me know so I don't go too far down this road.

We'll eventually want to sandbox the Erlang (not sure if there are
libraries for that yet). If you keep up this work, likely you'll be
leading the charge for Erlang view servers.

>  No sense replicating effort (only databases!).

There's an active community of people forking this CouchDB git repo.
If you worked on your code in public there you might get some helpers
showing up.

Chris Anderson

View raw message