couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.9.0 Delay or Release?
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 16:59:19 GMT
On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 7:45 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> So it is effectively stale code that probably should not be
> in a release. Alternatively:
>
>  - leave as is and don't document it.
>  - modify API that any use of the API results in an error.
>
> The first is probably the better way to go if we decide to do an
> "on-schedule" 0.9
>

There's plenty of stuff on the 0.9 blocker list:
https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310780&priority=1&status=1&status=3&status=4&fixfor=12313208&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC

So I'd suggest we finish that off, and then see where Damien is on the
replication work. If he's close at that point, we can spend the time
doing optimizations and refinements that maybe would have waited for
0.9.1. Also there is always plenty of work to be done on documentation
if we are trying to stall. ;) If Damien's not close, and we're
otherwise ready for a release, then let's discuss it again.

-- 
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com

Mime
View raw message