couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: couchdb transactions changes
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 02:24:31 GMT
On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 5:54 PM, Damien Katz <damien@apache.org> wrote:

> It's possible to use MVCC for replication. You'll need to create special
> HTTP command to return you all the documents you are interested in a single
> request, and a special replicator that uses that command and loads those
> documents and writes them to the destination.

This sound a lot like the notification view Damien's been talking
about, where clients can register to be told about database updates
that match particular functions.

The main problem I see with MVCC replication is that if it dies in the
middle, you might not be able to restart it right where you left off.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com