couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Transactional _bulk_docs
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 07:36:50 GMT
On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 11:24 PM, Ted Leung <twleung@sauria.com> wrote:
> Yes, real time communication is useful, and is permitted, but the actual act
> of making/finalizing the decision is to be done on the mailing lists and
> recorded in the public mailing list archives.  The expected answer to Geir's
> query is a mailing list archive url.    In this case, a message saying "we
> discussed this in IRC, the major points pro/con were <pro>/<con> and we've
> agreed to do <decision>.   You can see the full discussion at <url to
> relevant IRC log>.", would suffice.

It's hard to say when the full discussion would have taken place. The
decision to make the CouchDB API invariant no matter the number of
nodes supporting a database is basically what drew me to the project
in the first place.

I can't speak for the other committers, but I agree with the vision of
CouchDB as database that can scale to any number of host nodes while
presenting the same API to its clients.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com