couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Simple erlang plugins (was Re: couch_gen_btree: pluggable storage / tree engines)
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 16:40:25 GMT
On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 4:39 AM, Antony Blakey <antony.blakey@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 02/02/2009, at 10:34 PM, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

>>> Unfortunately requiring a bigger commitment to this feature than I can
>>> manage at this time.
>>
>> I hope you can push for an agreed-upon design and give a rough todo list
>> and maybe start with it and leave open work items with a good description
>> in JIRA for others to pick up. Would that work?
>
> It's just a matter of doing in erlang what I did in the script, finding out
> how to extend the load path. Hopefully my implementation shows how
> conceptually trivial it is. I agree with Noah about the configuration issue.
> Probably the only trick is that you need to load the config to find the
> plugins and then load more config from each plugin.
>
> I need to focus on the transactional _bulk_docs issue, and then the filename
> patch - that's a 0.9 blocker.

Yes, I think having this thread open which lays out the possibilities
is good work as long as we can avoid losing them to history by the
time we are ready to implement the plugin thing.

I think dropping a patch in Jira with a someday/maybe priority is th
best way to let us pick back up when the time comes.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com