couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: couch_gen_btree: pluggable storage / tree engines
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2009 04:30:46 GMT
On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 7:56 PM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Martin,
>
> Very cool ideas. We've been discussing erlang plugins. The
> conversation has generally gotten as far as, "erlang plugins... yeah
> we should have those."

I agree this is cool, but I think it would be healthier for the
project to wait until we release a rock-solid 1.0.

There are some incredibly non-obvious things happening inside, and a
big disruption right now wouldn't necessarily keep them all in
balance. Once we've met 1.0, we'll have a solid basis for comparison,
of any alternate implementations.

Then, let the fun begin. :)

Martin, I'd very much like to hear more about the sorts of indexers
you'd build. Sounds exciting.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson