couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From lenz <>
Subject Re: CouchDBX Future
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 01:04:41 GMT
if someone can give me all the pointers of the parts that belong together i
can probably come up with a build environment that pulls a recent version
from SVN, build it and pushes it somewhere. i am no hero in gui programming
though, i am really a backend guy.

i started playing with the memetic tree moments ago ...

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Antony Blakey <>wrote:

> On 18/02/2009, at 8:59 AM, Antony Blakey wrote:
>  I've automated this, the relevent part being in my memetic project:
>> . Memetic builds
>> location independent erlang and couchdb, and has the additional libraries so
>> that it can run on OSX without macports and without any additional
>> dependencies.
>> Memetic is about Ruby, but that's not an impediment - it builds the
>> binaries by downloading the relevant tars, building with appropriate options
>> and then munging some paths in files to achieve location independence.
>> I think the building requires no more Ruby than is present by default in
>> 10.5. The binaries are currently more isolated than strictly required
>> because I wanted to support multiple simultaneous installs that have
>> different version dependencies.
>> This BTW was automated as part of building a generic client. I have a
>> client who will probably pay someone to do the Win32 version.
> affects building,
> although I think it's correctly worked-around in the Memetic build by
> removing macports from the path.
> Antony Blakey
> CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
> Ph: 0438 840 787
> Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused Novocain during a root canal?
> His goal: transcend dental medication.

painless domain registration (finally)