couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.9.0 Delay or Release?
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 15:15:38 GMT
On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Zachary Zolton
<zachary.zolton@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm... I can see what Damien is say though, it would be nice to show a
> proper release, given the significant changes.
>
> Is there any way we could do a 0.9 release, and then release 0.9.1
> with security/replication merged in?

Or at least make a 0.10 release that's a quick follow up. I'd rather
have a few versions closer together than too few versions too far
apart.

>
> Besides, with all the recent newbie attention (myself included!) it'd
> be nice to give the external package maintainers (ie Mac Ports)
> something to do... And then folks could be running fairly-recent code.
>
> On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 9 Feb 2009, at 15:38, Damien Katz wrote:
>>
>>> Well, because there is no official release to tell people to use, except
>>> 0.8.1. That's over 6 months old now, we have a bunch of new features and bug
>>> fixes and performance improvements since then.
>>
>> I agree with Noah that we are in no rush and I'd rather
>> see this integrated. Trunk is easy enough to work with
>> for interested parties.
>>
>>
>> Cheers
>> Jan
>> --
>>
>>
>>> On Feb 9, 2009, at 9:33 AM, Noah Slater wrote:
>>>
>>>> On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 09:29:46AM -0500, Damien Katz wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> So I'm wondering if we should just forget it for 0.9.0 and release it
>>>>> without. It won't be beta yet and the security stuff useless as it is
>>>>> now now, but all the other stuff that's in 0.9 will still be there.
>>>>> Thoughts please.
>>>>
>>>> I would be inclined to wait a little, and include it. Where's the rush?
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Noah Slater, http://tumbolia.org/nslater
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message