couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Shaun Lindsay <sh...@meebo.com>
Subject Lounge clustering framework
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:54:28 GMT
Hey all,
We've been discussing the best way to handle releasing the Lounge code and
we have some questions that you, the couch devs, might be able to help out
with:

1. What license is preferred?  Since Couch is an Apache project, the Apache
license is probably appropriate, however, since the Lounge is more or less a
separate entity, we can probably release under any license.  Any
preferences?

2. Project hosting?  Again, since this is separate from Couch, it probably
doesn't make sense to have it in the Couch repo.  We were thinking google
code (since we use svn),  but I'm open to whatever.  Thoughts?

Once we settle on a license, we'll need to run it by our lawyer to make sure
we're solid and, assuming that goes well, we should be good to give out the
code.

Thanks,
Shaun Lindsay
Meebo.com