couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT]: Accept newline patch into CouchDB for 0.9 (Was: Re: VOTE: accept newline patch into CouchDB for 0.9)
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:44:04 GMT

On 23/02/2009, at 3:17 AM, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> Collecting:
>
> On 23 Jan 2009, at 23:42, Noah Slater wrote:
>> * Accept the patch (or a modified version) and add newline chars
>
> +1: 7 (2 binding)
> -1: 3 (2 binding)
>
>> * Reject the patch (and any modified version) and do not add
>> newlines chars
>
> +1: 3 (2 binding)
> -1: 4
>

>> * Further discussion, to be decided before we release 0.9
>
> +1: 1 (1 binding)
> -1: 1 (1 binding)
>
>>  * Further discussion, to be decided after we release 0.9
>
> +1:
> -1: 2 (2 binding)
>
> --
>
> It looks like we have a draw with weigh-in from the community
> on a +1 to accept the patch.
>
> We need more discussion here.

I'm a bit confused about this. Excuse me while I tread carefully. It
seems that the community vote is clearly a majority to accept the
patch. If the end result of this vote is that we don't follow that
vote because it's only the PMC vote that counts, doesn't that mean
that community votes are irrelevant?

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

A priest, a minister and a rabbi walk into a bar. The bartender says
"What is this, a joke?"