couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Damien Katz <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Discussions on IRC
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 19:55:30 GMT
Just to clarify for the sake of the community as a whole, any
important decisions about the code and project MUST be discussed on
the mailing list.

IRC, chat, etc are fine for helping each other understand the issues
and so forth, but ultimately project discussions should move to the
mailing list. IRC is too transient and hard to follow for those not
actively participating, and the mailing list helps ensure that the
knowledge and understanding is passed around, and so others in the
community can weigh in with their own ideas and concerns. It is
important that we not only have a open community process, but that we
actively promote and encourage it. IRC tends to not do that for
decision making and consensus building.

-Damien