couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using HTTP headers
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 03:49:48 GMT

On 19/02/2009, at 2:11 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

> My third thought is that we can be purists or pragmatists, but not
> both.

You can be a pragmatist without being a deliberate spoiler. A
pragmatist will shit in the public square only if there is no
reasonable alternative. In this case there is.

> We are already not being pure in a number of respects so I find
> it a bit disingenuous to claim purism on a given topic while blithely
> ignoring concerns on other topics.

You are suggesting that once you've done one wrong thing you may as
well make a career of it.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

A priest, a minister and a rabbi walk into a bar. The bartender says
"What is this, a joke?"