couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Stats
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 18:58:36 GMT

On 26 Feb 2009, at 19:51, Paul Davis wrote:

> A small suggestion might be to move the registering of stat
> descriptions next to the code that records the stats so that adding
> new recordings keeps code separate. Not a major concern by any means
> though.

There might be multiple place a metric is counted. Where do I put
the description definition then? :)

I pondered having the stats_collector initializing all metrics upfront
for speed reasons on collector:increment() calls, but the speedup
was negligible. If we ever move counters into their own ets tables,
this should be done anyway which is when we can move the
description definition there.

Having the modules initialize the metrics doesn't work either
because couch_stat_collector is launched after e.g. couch_db
which would want to do a register.

Cheers
Jan