couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Stats
Date Sun, 22 Feb 2009 14:06:00 GMT
Hi dev list,

with r746691 I committed the current state of the stats patch to
trunk; without unit tests for now. Once we've cleared the license
issues, they can be added back easily.

I mentioned this in an earlier mail but I'd like to bring it up again,
since your input is needed here. Metrics are identified with a
tuple `{Module, Key}`. `Module` is the module that initiates the
counting of the metric and `Key` is a uniquely identifies a metric
within a module. Until now, Alex and I just made up names as
they came up without much considering a consistent and intuitive
naming scheme. It would be great if you could help out checking
if the names are any good and suggest alternatives.

Also, if you are missing any stats, I documented how to add new
ones: http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Adding_Runtime_Statistics

To quickly test the patch, install CouchDB as usual (don't forget
./bootstrap) run the test suite or some random requests and then
check the current stats with

   $ curl http://127.0.0.1:5984/_stats

For specific metrics, call

   $ curl http://127.0.0.1:5984/_stats/Module/Key