couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couchdb transactions changes
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2009 23:14:46 GMT

On 08/02/2009, at 9:35 AM, Damien Katz wrote:

> I think this works in situations where you have only a single
> machine (no replication, no failover), or your app can have read
> only slaves nodes where readers don't care about db consistency (but
> still no failover). I'm not sure that fits many real world use cases.

If you have read-only slaves, then they won't be inconsistent outside
of a replication. This is my current deployment model, with a very
large number of users, where every user is potentially running a copy
of 'Desktop CouchDB' (cf the contract I posted). This is CouchDB as
Notes Client, not as a server per-se.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

Hi, I'd like to do $THING. I know that $SOLUTION_A and $SOLUTION_B
will do it very easily and for a very reasonable price, but I don't
want to use $SOLUTION_A or $SOLUTION_B because $VAGUE_REASON and
$CONTRADICTORY_REASON. Instead, I'd like your under-informed ideas on
how to achieve my $POORLY_CONCEIVED_AMBITIONS using Linux, duct tape,
an iPod, and hours and hours of my precious time.
   -- Slashdot response to an enquiry