couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couchdb transactions changes
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2009 02:38:14 GMT

On 08/02/2009, at 11:49 AM, Damien Katz wrote:

> We will still have the same support for interactive conflict
> detection for single document updates. That's relatively easy to do
> with partitioned databases and definitely part of the plan.

But if my operation involves more than one document? I don't want the
user to have to go through potential conflict detection and resolution
on every single user action, especially (but not only) if those
actions are triggered via AJAX. The UI for conflict resolution should
be reserved for replication, when the user *chooses* to do a
replication and expects to potentially do conflict resolution.

> No interdocument consistency guarantees. Views are cluster wide.

So if I write a document to the cluster, then access a view that is
dependent on that document, I will see that document in the view? What
if I write two documents, where each document goes to a different
partition - will the view see those updates in the order that they are
made e.g. I presume there is a cluster-wide update-seq?

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

   --Stephen F Roberts