couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Damien Katz <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ideas for Changes to the Test Suite
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2009 18:23:50 GMT
So based on the responses, it looks like we need fully automated
tests, runnable without the browser. And Erlang unit test integration.

Also people like running the tests in the browser and want even better
integration for creating new tests. I see no reason we cannot have
both. Chris Anderson has done a lot of work here already.

Looks like couch.js is fine as is.

Paul, I'm not sure why you object to long test names, but I do like
the idea of tags for tests. Each test could be tagged for important
functionality they test and use: replication, security, views, temp
views, compaction, etc. That it makes it easy to quickly run all the
tests touching certain features while you are developing. As the
number of tests grow, this will become more useful IMO.

-Damien