couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Stats
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 17:33:34 GMT
Hi,

thanks for your feedback! r748217 has some new goodies.

On 23 Feb 2009, at 15:51, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
> So far we have:
>
> {couchdb, open_databases}
> {couchdb, request_time}
>
> {httpd, bulk_requests}
> {httpd, head_requests}
> {httpd, get_requests}
> {httpd, put_requests}
> {httpd, post_requests}
> {httpd, delete_requests}
> {httpd, copy_requests}
> {httpd, move_requests}
>
> {httpd, document_copies}
> {httpd, document_creates}
> {httpd, document_deletes}
> {httpd, document_moves}
> {httpd, document_reads}
> {httpd, document_updates}
> {httpd, requests}
> {httpd, temporary_view_reads}
> {httpd, view_reads}
>
> {http_status_codes, Code} (Code is one of 200, 201, 203 ... )
>
> I'd suggest
> - to move the `document_*` keys from `httpd` to `couchdb`,

I removed the `document_*` metrics and replaced them with
`database_reads` / `_changes` metrics. They count metrics even
if the request does not come through the HTTP API and from
a low-level perspective, document creates, updates and deletes
are really just database changes (or appends). So only reads
and writes are tracked on this level.

> - to rename `httpd` to `http`.

Didn't happen.

> Is there anything else that you think should look different?

I added human readable descriptions to each metric.

Anything else you'd like to see? Otherwise I'd call the API final
except for more metrics that we might add over time.

Cheers
Jan