couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From kowsik <kow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ideas for Changes to the Test Suite
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2009 17:59:17 GMT
When I first started playing with couch, couch.js was all I had as an
awesome reference. I really like the idea of doing tests from within
the browser. With jQuery + FF3 console, it makes playing around with
couch incredibly easy. More so than curl + shell.

I would very much prefer to keep all the tests within the browser. For
one you can generate pretty looking reports + test failures that
directly file bugs in JIRA with a couple of REST calls and JSONP. ;-)

What we could do is to have a shell test-runner (in addition to the
browser) that uses spider monkey to execute the same set of tests.
This way you write the tests once and it works both within the browser
and the shell.

K.