couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From kowsik <kow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Transactional _bulk_docs
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 23:01:03 GMT
More code, less talk about PMC (I don't really know or care what that
means) and we can quickly put away dirty thoughts about joins,
sql-isms and relax. This thread has so much dilbertisms in it it's not
funny *sigh*. Working code is a lot easier to critique, IMHO, if you
like the backspace key as much as I do. Design's important, but so is
making headway, making mistakes and being ready to throw it away.

And given I haven't made a single commit to couch, but am an active
user interested in its success, I don't feel like I have earned the
right to demand capabilities from those active developers that are
committed to making this a success. I have my ideas and I can
articulate why I think the broader community will benefit from it, but
I really don't see the need to use the Apache Way for writing a bunch
of code.

Please, no more cluster (#$Q's. There's code to be written.

K.