couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simple erlang plugins (was Re: couch_gen_btree: pluggable storage / tree engines)
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 11:36:48 GMT

On 02/02/2009, at 9:48 PM, Noah Slater wrote:

> I think I agree with a comment earlier in this thread. I don't think
> command
> options are the place for this type of configuration. Ideally, you'd
> want all
> the configuration in the ini file.

That means that the plugin system needs to be written in CouchDB
itself, rather than being a lightweight launch-time facility.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of
comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and
controversy.
   -- Martin Luther King