couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <>
Subject Re: couchdb transactions changes
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2009 03:11:16 GMT

On 08/02/2009, at 11:49 AM, Damien Katz wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2009, at 6:31 PM, Antony Blakey wrote:
>> Can you share your thinking about your model for a partitioned
>> database? For example: are there any consistency guarantees or ACID
>> constraints (e.g. storage) within the cluster? Is there actual or
>> effective serialization of updates on a cluster-wide basis? Are
>> views cluster-wide?
> No interdocument consistency guarantees. Views are cluster wide.

Given that the argument that we can't support an ACID bulk update
depends significantly on the details of the partitioned database model
and characteristics, I really can't see how to reason about this issue
without a lot more detail.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

If a train station is a place where a train stops, what's a workstation?

View raw message