couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couchdb transactions changes
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2009 08:41:54 GMT

On 08/02/2009, at 6:29 PM, Chris Anderson wrote:

> I. Replication is concurrent with normal operation, and may or may not
> be under user control. Normal operation sees conflicts.
>
> +1 for handling I correctly.

Sure, I'm not suggesting that *any* case isn't handled correctly. I'm
suggesting that the other cases can be handled in a way that takes
advantage of the the particular characteristic of the case to simplify
both the programing model and the user interface. I'm arguing against
thinking of CouchDB as having just one dominant use case to which
every other case must submit.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

He who would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy
from repression.
   -- Thomas Paine