couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Antivackis <>
Subject Re: Fail on a simple case on replication
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 08:06:09 GMT
Oh and by the way, in a use case where there is only one database and you
don't use compaction because you want to keep everything, well _rev is a
revision that can be used to see the history of the document. I really don't
see the point of renaming an attribute to make it harder to understand it's
role. It's like all politically correct terminology where you use a stupid
expression in order to be as neutral as possible. IMO if you change this
attribute name it's even better to remove all possibilities to a access a
previous rev if still there, and change it's value by a timestamp