couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Antivackis <patrick.antivac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Futon Future
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 12:45:13 GMT
Hi Jan,
I have quite good skills in Jquery and the way futon is using it.
I think your proposal is promising, and should even go a step further with
may be a specific CouchDB base dedicated to plugins. The installation of new
plugin would then be easy. As jquery can charge and execute script on the
fly, scripts and html/images needed by the plugin could be attachement of a
document.
A view could classify the plugin available (need a to define a format for
the documents) based on the documents (plugin) stored in this base.

Also configuration could go to a specific document, letting easily the user
to choose his home page for example, or the plugins available on it's
homepage.

Just some thoughs

Regards