couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Antivackis <patrick.antivac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couchdb transactions changes
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2009 11:55:24 GMT
Does Couch really has to be ACID compliant, lot of ACID databases exist
already from traditional RDBMS to Java Content Repository (Document
databases that are compliant to JSR 170 level 2)  such as Jackrabbit from
Apache or  ExoJCR or Alfresco. And traditional databases has always been a
pain in the ... when it comes to the web layer and you need to scale out
(see the 2 phases commit).

Just to clarify some definitions and options, a very interesting article
from Dan Pritchett (Ebay DBA) http://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=1394128