couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Stats
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 15:51:49 GMT
On 26.02.2009, at 18:33, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for your feedback! r748217 has some new goodies.
>
> On 23 Feb 2009, at 15:51, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>> So far we have:
>>
>> {couchdb, open_databases}
>> {couchdb, request_time}
>>
>> {httpd, bulk_requests}

>> {httpd, head_requests}
>> {httpd, get_requests}
>> {httpd, put_requests}
>> {httpd, post_requests}
>> {httpd, delete_requests}
>> {httpd, copy_requests}
>> {httpd, move_requests}

Any reason not to structure in a similar way as the status_code stats?
Something like:

   {httpd_request_methods, Method}

>> {httpd, document_copies}
>> {httpd, document_creates}
>> {httpd, document_deletes}
>> {httpd, document_moves}
>> {httpd, document_reads}
>> {httpd, document_updates}
>> {httpd, requests}
>> {httpd, temporary_view_reads}
>> {httpd, view_reads}
>>
>> {http_status_codes, Code} (Code is one of 200, 201, 203 ... )

Also, I wonder whether we should just use singular form for all the
keys. Right now most are plural, but not everything is nicely
pluralizable (although DHH may disagree), especially with groups such
as httpd_status_code and httpd_request_method.

Otherwise, nice, I'm investigating whether some of this can be
integrated into the Futon Status page, and how.

Cheers,
Chris
--
Christopher Lenz