couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fail on a simple case on replication
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 09:37:39 GMT

On 25/02/2009, at 8:49 AM, Brian Candler wrote:

> There's Content-Type (standard HTTP header in both directions), and
> there's
> _rev (or previous _rev). The latter can be in the URL for a PUT, and
> perhaps
> a header for a GET. If revisions were a document hash, there's the
> standard
> Content-MD5 header, or the (less standard) Content-SHA1 header.
>
> What else am I missing?

There's _id when it's not supplied in a PUT, but that would be
supplied by the Location header in the result. The more I think about
it, the more I like this idea.

A lot more work on the client side though to deal with e.g. view
results, and I wonder about the subsequent loss of convenience with
e.g. curl in that context, although I must admit I'm no curl guru with
multipart mime.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

The project was so plagued by politics and ego that when the engineers
requested technical oversight, our manager hired a psychologist instead.
   -- Ron Avitzur