couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com>
Subject Partitioning use cases
Date Sat, 28 Feb 2009 00:16:27 GMT
Hi, all.  I did a first pass at the high-level use cases, both to start with
and then looking forward.

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Partitioning_proposal

I'm sure I'm missing some things (in particular, I don't fully understand
the discussion about configuring the topology differently depending upon
performance needs - I wonder if that's an implementation-specific detail).
But hopefully this helps.

One way perhaps I could help is to work on an API that maps a key to a node
(with some sort of pluggable interface for various consistent hashing
algorithms, starting maybe with Chord, given that there is an existing
implementation in Erlang called Chordial -
http://dawsdesign.com/drupal/chordial)

David

--
David W. Van Couvering

I am looking for a senior position working on server-side Java systems.
 Feel free to contact me if you know of any opportunities.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidvc
http://davidvancouvering.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/dcouvering