couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com>
Subject Helping out
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 05:27:09 GMT
Hello.  I've been following CouchDB from the sidelines for a while but
haven't been able to put much time into it.

Recently, however, Sun laid me off, and I thought this would be a good
opportunity to get a little more engaged.

No better way, IMHO, than to help out with the project.  FYI, I'm already a
committer to Apache Derby, although I haven't been active there in the past
few years.

I was looking at your road map and it looked like you want to get a lot of
documentation written.  I was thinking that would be a great way for me to
start learning CouchDB.  Is there a specific document that you would like to
me to try my hand at?  Also, what are your processes, technologies and
standards around documentation?

I can also start poking around at your bug list and perhaps offer some
patches to get my feet wet.  Is there anything in particular that you would
like someone to focus on?  I don't have an Erlang background, although I'm
interested in learning.  My background is server-side Java and databases,
for the most part.

I look forward to hearing from you.  Meanwhile I'll try to get a build going
and see how that goes.

All the best,

David

--