couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From eric casteleijn <>
Subject Proposal: let -c *not* ignore default.ini
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 13:17:38 GMT
Now that local.ini overrides the default.ini, I would expect the
default.ini not to be ignored but to be overridden by whatever is passed
into couchdb with the -c option, so you only need to specify that which
you want to change, even when you use a local.ini on a specified path.

(patch attached to do this, but against couchdb, should probably be
against couchdb.tpl and/or but my make-fu isn't all that,
coming from Python.)

The only potential problem I see is if the current way .ini files are
handled does not allow you to *un*specify a particular option, in which
case you'd need to have an option to ignore the default.ini.

If my proposal is not acceptable, perhaps I can rewrite it to an
additional command line option, that does work in this way.

- eric casteleijn

View raw message